- Last revised: October 8 /2020
- BLUE FROG STUDIOS WORKSAFEBC COVID-19 PLAN
- We have created the Blue Frog Studios Safety Plan with the aid of current WorkSafeBC measures, and recommendations from BC Health Authorities. These measures and rules pertain to our staff and patrons alike, and are unique due to the nature of our business. With this in mind, we have introduced cleaning policies, distancing measures, and safety protocols that will ensure the safety but also enjoyment of our patrons, performers and staff. We have worked hard over the last few months to change the layout of our room, our policies involving seating, and our use and cleaning schedules of not only service areas, but also our stage and music equipment.
- HOW THIS WILL WORK FOR OUR PATRONS
- All patrons must reserve a table in advance of the event and will leave contact details with the reservation person. The wait line of parties outside, before doors open will be 2 meters apart and there will be tape as markers in place. One party will be admitted at a time. Groups can be no larger than 6 people.
- Tables cannot be moved together and groups sitting together can be no larger than 6. The ticket booth will be behind a sneeze guard and will sanitize between payments on the moneris machine. The maximum number of people in the theater is 40 (including band members and staff) and a maximum of 50 persons total on entire premises.
- Patrons, Staff and Performers will only be allowed to enter Blue Frog Studios if they are free of any symptoms of Covid-19 and do not have a compromised immune system. Anyone entering will be asked questions pertaining to having no symptoms of Covid-19 or being in contact with anyone with Covid-19. In addition to the following guidelines, all patrons, staff and performers will adhere to Dr. Bonnie Henry’s recommended practices of frequent hand-washing, physical distancing and wearing face masks when not seated at your table. Patrons will be given a temperature test if there is any question of having symptoms. At least one person from each party will leave a method of contact (email or phone number) that will be kept for 30 days after the event.
- Notices will be posted at the entrances outlining our safety plans.
- There is a sanitizing station for our patrons. Hand sanitizers will be available for customers upon entry and exit. There is also hand sanitizer available in the washrooms. A Hand sanitizer station and signage will be set up at the self-serve bar location.
- All guests parties will be distanced 2 meters apart unless separated by physical barrier during performances and the groups will be no larger than 6 people. All groups will be socially distanced and chairs may not be moved. There will be no dancing or standing up from chairs to move. Our seating volunteer will take you to your table. All patrons to remain in their assigned seat unless going to the washroom, self-serve bar or to exit premises. No dancing or standing around tables is permitted.
- Washrooms will be open to one person at a time. Light switches are automatic and do not have to be touched. Washrooms will be sanitized between shows. Social distanced tape will be on floors for any line up for washroom.
- One person from each party must be designated to purchase drinks from the bar. Tape will be on the floor to make sure anyone waiting to purchase drinks from the bar are socially distanced.
- There will not be a place to hang a patron’s coat. Belongings must be brought with them into the theater at their seat.
- There will be a minimum 3 metre distance between the performer and the closest patron. All performances must end by 11:00 pm.
- PERFORMERS, THE STAGE, CONTROL ROOM & SOUND
- Performers must enter from the back entrance. A sanitizing station is provided and hand sanitizer must be used upon entry. Performers and Production crew will wear face masks when interfacing in close contact with each other during setup.
- Tables will be set up in the main theatre area which can be designated for each individual to leave their personal belongings as well as to sit when not required to be on stage for soundcheck. Once soundcheck is over all chairs and tables that are used will be sanitized.
- All musical equipment, mic stands and instruments that are provided by the studio will be sanitized before use.
- Band members and performers must provide their own PPE (Gloves, masks, etc.) and implement upon arrival for load in and load out for shows.
- Band members and performers who sing MUST provide their own vocal microphone(s) WITH MIC CLIPS. Blue Frog will NOT be supplying vocal microphones. If a singer doesn’t have their own vocal microphone, they won’t be singing. Singers will be responsible for attaching their mic clip to a supplied mic stand and putting their microphone in it and finally attaching a supplied sanitized mic cable. They will be responsible for removing the mic and clip at the end of the event. Singers should not share their microphones with other singers and no doubling up singing on a single microphone should occur.
- Horn players must supply their own “spit” towel or vessel and will be responsible for cleaning up their area of the stage of any residual saliva after performing. The audience is much farther away than 3 meters from the horn players.
- There will be Social Distance markers on the stage floor. Everyone must adhere to Social Distancing guidelines recommended by the BC Provincial Health Officer. The band will be distanced at a minimum of 3 metres from the audience to stop the spread of any droplets. Performers will not be allowed to move past 3 metre marking on stage.
- Blue Frog will provide a designated go-to person for any questions or concerns about prevention measures while at Blue Frog Studios. We have implemented an increased sanitizing schedule for any surfaces touched by the crew or musicians.
- Band has their own change room off of stage during the show if needed.
- All crew will wear masks and gloves and will work 6 feet apart in the control room.
- Theater chairs and tables will be sanitized between shows along with any door handles and objects touched by the crew and patrons.
- THE BAR
- Bartender will be behind a sneeze guard.
- Moneris machines will be sanitized between payments by customers and encouraged to pay by debit or credit.
- People will be spaced 6 feet apart at the bar while waiting to purchase a drink.
- There is hand sanitizer at the bar and signage reminder to use when handling drinks.
- Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding during this extremely difficult time,
Kelly and Juanita
Blue Frog Studios